Senior Backend Developer
Full time position in Haarlem, Netherlands.
About the job
StyleShoots is looking for a Senior Backend Developer to lead a new team responsible for building a suite of cloud services around our global install base of all-in-in one photo machines. You will be responsible for designing and building analytics tools and asset management products handling millions of images and terabytes of video data.
You’ll become an essential member of StyleShoots’ in-house software development team. You’ll be stationed at StyleShoots’ Haarlem office with an international group of over 25 people managing design, development, sales, logistics and support. You’ll be working at the forefront of imaging technology, helping to create incredible new ways of transforming studio photography and video editing.
Watch the video below of StyleShoots Live – our latest embedded robotic system that captures photos and video. It's powered by an embedded Mac Pro running a Swift-based application controlling all hardware and handling 4K video and RAW image processing using AV Foundation.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for choices in platforms, toolchains and architectural design.
- Lead the implementation of user-facing and backend web applications and web services handling terabytes of images, video and usage statistics.
- Work with our DevOps on connectivity, authentication, security and transfer efficiency.
- Integrating third party web services like post-processing services, file transfer services.
- Design, build and test against our machines running Swift on macOS.
Who you are
Strong in overall software development skills.
Extensive experience in designing and building cloud services and backend APIs.
Development on Linux or macOS - 5 years or more.
Love working in a small eager team without rigid time tracking systems or red tape.
You are living in The Netherlands or within the EU and willing to relocate.
Strong English proficiency.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- MacBook Pro company laptop.
- Travel reimbursements.
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Access to company profit sharing plan